Imagine a world…
…where learning about personal finance doesn’t bore you to death.
... I know; sounds crazy, doesn't it?
But here at The Code To Riches, we don’t just want to break the mold when it comes to boring old personal finance; we want to grind it into a million pieces, stomp on it, and spit on it when we’re done.
Wow. That got violent.
Violence aside, I (Paul Andrews) started The Code To Riches for a very simple reason: I want millennials to have access to targeted financial advice without having to drag themselves through volumes of boring books. With a degree in finance, a father who had me saying “budget” and “stock market” before I knew how to use a toilet, and years of personal research under my belt, I’m in a very good position to help alleviate any financial woes you may have. In fact, some might say too good a position. Whereas most 16 year old boys had sports illustrated posters in their room, I had a poster of Warren Buffet. Kids had football and basketball stars for hero’s: I had financier’s and business professors (don’t worry, eventually I got cool… sort of…).
Moving on from sad childhood trauma, my promise to you is that the information on this site will always be:
I will always provide you with information that is not only accurate, but actionable.
…cuz if you’re going to learn about finance, you might as well have some fun doing it.
Toward millennials. Because your grandpa’s advice just won’t cut it anymore.
Ok, great! But how do I get my finances in order?
This is where things can get a little overwhelming. I know, I was in your shoes once too. “How do I make a budget?” “What’s a stock?” “What investments should I be making right now?” “How do I work 30 hours a week and still have enough money to buy an island, a plane, a mansion, and surround myself with beautiful people?”
Well, you can do one of three things.
- Read a SHIT TON of books/get a degree in Finance and do all of the heavy lifting yourself (Hey, I did it).
- Check out the blog, where I make like an 8th grade biology student and dissect lots of personal finance issues, such as:
- Investing and Insurance
- Increasing Income
- Cutting Costs
- Personal Productivity
- My personal favorite:
This book is available as a download for dirt cheap. Ok, that’s a huge lie; this book is available for FREE!!! You literally have nothing to lose. Well, except for the time it takes to flip channels on your TV. With this download, you’ll get:
- A primer in personal finance. Everything you need to get your finances in order, from investing to budgeting, can be found here.
- 40 pages of targeted information. Enough advice to make you dangerous, not enough to make you a textbook.
- References to outside material. So if you want to dig deeper, you know exactly where to look.